Stated in the BADGE, ARMS, FLORAL AND OTHER EMBLEMS OF QUEENSLAND ACT 1959 [as reprinted and prepared by the Office of the Queensland Parliamentary Counsel as in force on 10 December 1997 (includes amendments up to Act No. 81 of 1997)]:
The sapphire, of any colour, is the gem emblem of the State [of Queensland in Australia].
Good wishes to all and sundry whose birthdays fall in September!
A maiden born when autumn leaves 🍂
Are rustling in September’s breeze; 💨
A Sapphire on her brow should bind 💎
To bring her joy and peace of mind. 🕊
The Birthstone for September is Sapphire, a coloured gemstone, a variety of the mineral corundum (aluminium oxide). Sapphire exists in a wide range of colours such as blue, yellow, brown, purple, violet, pink, orange and green. On the one hand, it is the traditional gemstone for the astrological signs of Virgo and Libra. On the other hand, it is the traditional gift for a 5th anniversary or a 45th wedding anniversary.
- 🦅 SoundEagle in Art, Poem and Gem ― October Opal 📿 (soundeagle.wordpress.com)
- State gem (qld.gov.au)
- July Birthstone, Orchid Jewellery and Accessories (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- May Birthstone, Orchid Jewellery and Accessories (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- March Birthstone, Orchid Jewellery and Accessories (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- A Love of Tiffany’s Orchids (jewelsdujour.com)
- Paulding Farnham floral brooches (nasvete.com)
- ANTIQUES – A Triumph Of Orchids (nytimes.com)
- Orchid Enameled Jewelry on Ruby Lane (rubylane.com)