Finally, is augmented with music to impart it with an additional sonic dimension. Included herewith are a dozen pieces of SoundEagle’s original compositions, chosen for their broad appeal, lyricism and easy-listening quality.
The music is immediately available for listening in the widget entitled within the sidebar content area. Should the widget be missing or devoid of playable musical tracks, please visit the much more sophisticated SoundCloud version of this post to sample the abovementioned musical tracks, playable at 🦅 SoundEagle in SoundCloud: Art, Music and Compositions about New Sensations, Love, Life, Country, Nature, Dreaming, Meditation and Spirituality 🏞🎼🎶.
All pieces of music were composed, orchestrated and recorded by SoundEagle, who would like to wish everyone an enjoyable and rewarding experience in listening to the music, voting for the pieces, viewing the overall polling results, and giving feedback about the music, essay or anything of interest. Please click to vote for the musical pieces. It is highly recommended that voting should be done (by clicking the round vote button) after listening to all or as many pieces as possible, because voting can be done once only (unless the restriction is circumvented by cleverness).
For those who enjoy playing a musical quiz, the piece entitled SoundEagle meant to refer to it in more than one sense of the word. One or more of its meanings can be understood by any person who correctly takes the musical quiz contained or concealed in .contains two well-known traditional tunes for you to guess and leave your answers as comments below. By “Country”,
Regardless of the degree of consensus and variation in people’s taste, musicality and preference, there could be other approaches to or unusual interpretations of SoundEagle‘s art and music, which may spawn surprising ideas or elicit unexpected responses. As always, the inherently subjective nature of music is to be expected, to the extent that another person may find the music of SoundEagle to be expressing or symbolising whatever or however the person would wish to imagine or interpret.
Music is a many-splendoured thing — for it can encompass a plethora of forms and ‘species’ ranging from the popular to the esoteric, the mainstream to the fringe, the ordinary to the avant-garde, the entertaining to the educational, the traditional to the technological, the eminently danceable to the ethereally relaxing, and the spiritually imbued to the environmentally conscious. There are genres for different moods, occasions or purposes, and those from different cultures and regions.
In addition, music is often associated or coupled with the important aspects and expressive mediums of human speech, including radio programmes, interviews, letters, dramas, poems, voice pieces, storytelling and news reading. Being an audible medium, music is also particularly relevant to people and artists who are visually impaired or orally/aurally acute.
Music is a fluid affair and multidimensional pursuit — for it crosses boundaries, appealing or wedded to other art forms and popular media, (re)shaped by socio-economic and technological forces, and culturally elevated by their normative values, symbolic statuses, and formal or formulaic (re)presentations across social spheres.
As the titles of SoundEagle‘s original compositions suggest, the various musical pieces purvey restorative elements or expressions of health, spirituality, transpersonal psychology, global consciousness, holism, mysticism, enlightenment, futurism, new age movement, transcendental philosophy, environmental ethics, creative conservation, biocultural heritage, bioacoustic communication and music therapy. These could be interpreted or intended as encapsulating the natural, timeless, peaceful, meditative, relaxing, uplifting, inspirational, reflective or spiritual. They contain both the possibility and desirability of strengthening the relations of tradition and modernity, past and future, nature and culture, humans and animals, spirit and matter, mind and body, with the beneficial roles of holistic therapies, rituals and practices, with the exposures to revealing sights, sounds and stories of special places, and with the engaging applications of art, dance, music, vocalisation, audio-visual media and ceremonial installations to promote individual wellbeing and to preserve environmental integrity, as well as to bridge the acoustic and the electronic domains in all their diversity.
Whilst there are plenty of dramatic moments, certain parts of these compositions are soft, unobtrusive, beautiful, contemplative, evocative, pacifying and ‘easy listening’ — qualities that lend themselves well to restorative purposes, acting as psychic catharses, mental tranquillisers or stress relievers. They signify the contemporary age of musical pharmaceutics and prescriptive soundwave, of aural naturopathy and sound therapy, of gentle destressor and mood enhancer aimed at being at their most cathartic, reverberant and soothing. These features could also accentuate or bolster the fine attention to the cultivation and maintenance of good health, (inner) strength as well as (aesthetic) form and (organic) beauty.
The collective phenomena of genres that are distinctively tailored to the (built or natural) environment, spirituality, wellbeing, health and relaxation, clearly signal people’s awareness of, and willingness to embrace, a holistic and reflexive approach to art, music and health, in aiming to achieve a balance of the physical, social, emotional, psychological, spiritual and environmental dimensions of living. Ultimately, the healing power of these musical genres attempts to bring forth the re-enchantment of the world of sound, the re-integrating of life energy, the regeneration of emotional wellbeing, and the facilitation of spiritual growth. As a whole, SoundEagle‘s art, music and philosophical ethos, as encompassed by these chosen compositions and their subject matters, represent a set of expressive endeavours or inventive conduits with which to explore synergistic potentials for achieving holistic human development, reconnecting constructive attitudes with artistic practices, and re-experiencing music as a path of knowledge, a way of healing, and a flux of creativity.
Retrospectively submitted as a response to Weekly Writing Challenge: Moved by Music
- 🦅 SoundEagle in SoundCloud: Art, Music and Compositions about New Sensations, Love, Life, Country, Nature, Dreaming, Meditation and Spirituality 🏞🎼🎶 (soundeagle.wordpress.com)
- SoundEagle in SoundCloud 🌬🎧 (soundeagle.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Eye of the Beholder (angloswiss-chronicles.com)
- Glide 3 Meditation on Sound (joystreamhealth.wordpress.com)
- On Meditation (drawinggod.wordpress.com)
- A Beautiful Guided Meditation (evolveandascend.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Moved by Music (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Mix Tape Masterpiece (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Music Composition and Realization (stevensadmissions.typepad.com)
- Gesture (suspendedcontact.wordpress.com)
- Learning composition by transcribing music? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Calling all writers, electronic music composers and social activists! (hastac.org)
- The Mozart Effect (deryngrace.wordpress.com)
- Looking for primer resources on the BIZ — licensing, sync rights, publishing, etc. (gearslutz.com)
- surprise and composition (nakedsound.net)
- The Role of Documentation in Defining Musical Composition (chacewall.wordpress.com)
- Composer: James L Revel (whatevertheyaint.wordpress.com)
- How to Write Music People Like: Move Past Some Common Misconceptions (udemy.com)
- Writing on the Clouds: a Musical Compositional Recording Machine, 1753 (longstreet.typepad.com)
- Defining my favorite music… as it defines me (madmusingz.wordpress.com)
- The soundscape game (thehindu.com)
- → Via theatlantic.com: The New Quarter Note (theatlantic.com)
- Music composition (hayamam.wordpress.com)
- Wassily Kandinsky (rusculpture.wordpress.com)